Join our team
Interested in working for ATS? Our employees have made ATS what it is today—a global leader in safety solutions, a company that’s been around for decades and still is growing. We’ve got career opportunities available for people interested in joining our team of honest, hard-working and innovative people.
Reports to: CFO
Position Type: Full Time Salaried
Compensation: Based on experience and capabilities
Location: Salt Lake / Provo Metro Area
Benefits: Medical and dental coverage that begins on the first day on the job. 401K with generous match. PTO. Holiday pay.
ATS seeks a Controller to join our small, dynamic, yet growing team as we continue to expand our business. The Controller will lead the finance and accounting teams for all our managed businesses. The Controller will oversee a small team of on-staff accounting clerks, will work with employees in all areas of the business and will work closely with the Owner and other Executive Team members. The Controller will also work with the fractional CFO as well as the auditing and tax accounting consultants. In addition to leading the team, the Controller will also need to roll up his/her sleeves and work.
The Controller will be an important member of the organization as we look to refine and implement financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. It is important to have the desire and the skills required to wear many organizational hats within ATS. In addition to strong accounting and finance experience and skills, it is imperative that the Controller have the skills necessary to think creatively and to take initiative.
Employees of ATS are Stewards of Humanity, constantly looking for ways to change the way the biggest problems of the planet are being solved through our innovation in water, sanitation, safety and agriculture.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Maintain a current and complete inventory tracking system
- Manage accounting team
- Oversee a regular accounting schedule and ensure that all tasks are completed by team members in a timely manner
- Close books in a timely manner
- Prepare financials for executive management
- Lead the budget process by establishing schedules and through working with department heads to complete departmental budgets
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Collecting, analyze, and consolidate financial data and make recommendations to the executive team based on findings
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Create and populate weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports
- Use financial results and trends to create an ongoing forecast
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll, AP, AR, and cash management
- Oversee financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations, legislation, and industry standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Work with CFO to maintain strong relationships with audit firm and tax firm
- Work with CFO to establish strong relationships with bankers, insurance brokers and benefit brokers
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or related
- 3- 5 years previous experience as a Controller is preferred
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Advanced written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving; research; and analytical skills
- Accounting software proficiency, ideally QuickBooks, Financial Seed Accounting, and/or Sales Force CRM management software systems preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including such items as vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, etc